Prairie Prince was raised in Phoenix, Arizona with two older sisters who gave him a constant source of musical influences including: swing, jazz, blues and early rock and roll. Both parents were music lovers and his father played drums in his youth. Prairie’s mother was an artist and encouraged pursuing music and art his entire childhood, which he did and continues to do.
During high school, Prairie started a band with friend Roger Steen called “The Mouth”, later becoming “The Red, White and Blues Band”, which in turn led to joining forces with founder Bill Spooners’ Band “The Beans”, eventually evolving into “The Tubes”. Prairie moved from Phoenix to San Francisco after his acceptance to the San Francisco Art Institute on scholarship. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in painting. His interests in stage design began there with friend and colleague Michael Cotten, who he continues to share a 40+ year partnership with in a number of branches of art. Prairie’s work includes set and stage design for some of the worlds biggest musical touring acts including Michael Jackson, Shania Twain, Bonnie Raitt, Gloria Estefan, The Tubes and Todd Rundgren.
Moonalice posters by Prairie Prince
- M692 › 4/20/14 Gathering of the Tribe at Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Prairie Prince
- M780 › 12/20/14 Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Prairie Prince
- M809 › 4/19/15 Gathering of the Tribe at Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Prairie Prince
- M820 › 5/08/15 The Linda: WAMC’s Performing Arts Studio, Albany, NY poster by Prairie Prince
- M854 › 7/30/15 Southeast Alaska State Fair, Haines, AK poster by Prairie Prince
- M913 › 4/20/16 Gathering of the Tribe, Slim’s, San Francisco, CA poster by Prairie Prince